Monday, December 28, 2009

This is Not an Amish Heater Blog

About two years ago I wrote my most famous post (or is infamous a better description), Miracle Amish Heater. I had only been blogging for a few months, and was mostly just writing about the completely over-the-top nature of the "Amish Heater" ad that had struck me as so hilarious.

Never had it occurred to me that this single post would far surpass any others I had written in terms of the number of comments generated, and indeed, even as of a few weeks ago, I am still getting new comments. For a time, a Google search on "Amish Heater," would return my post as the top hit. Suddenly, completely out of the blue I had become Mr. Amish Heater. Moreover, it would appear that a significant fraction of the traffic to my blog has been from those seeking consumer advice about "amish heaters." Somehow I had unwittingly become the principal consumer advocate, the Ralph Nader if you will, with regard to Amish Heaters.

So, let me say here for the record that this was never a goal I aspired to! Regular readers (if there are any out there!) will likely have discerned that a primary focus of my blogging has been politics and current events, subjects that I tend to think of as more weighty than the vagaries of home heating. While all remain free to partake of my limited wisdom with regard to Amish Heaters, please keep in mind that this is not an Amish Heater blog!

3 comments:

Anna Watts said...

Some are born to blog about Amish heaters, some achieve Amish heater blogging cult status, and others have Amish heater blogging thrust upon them... Tod, clearly you have found your niche!

Tod Strohmayer said...

Ha! Well, I guess someone's got to keep the Amish heater hawkers at bay.

Unknown said...

Of course you do realize by posting twice about Amish Heaters you probably just pushed yourself to number one search site again! Way to go bro ;-).